Ryo is one of very few cryptonote currencies that does actual, rapid development. Its team is led by fireice_uk and psychocrypt, who are the developers of xmr-stak mining software and the cryptonight-heavy algo which has been used by several Cryptonote projects and pioneered first in industry floating point mining algo Cryptonight-GPU. Though the project started on June 2018, the Ryo team has several vectors of development, and it has already brought results that we can see:
Our Github repository shows high activity with 300+ commit entries past months. We already have solid track record and unique privacy features.
We care about our community and build all essential infrastructure needed for worldwide adoption of the project.
Powered by a professional development team, Ryo already has implemented several features into its source code; here are some of them that we would like to mention:
- New transaction ID system, to plug metadata leaks in Monero tx ID system
- CN-GPU proof-of-work hashing algorithm.
- Default ringsize is increased to 25, aiming to reach 100+
- Shorter 'kurz' addresses for people who don't need a viewkey
- Poisson probability check to prevent Verge-like offline timestamp attacks
- 12 bit seed validation check, also known as CRC-12
- Multi-language, non Latin characters with proper seed validation and display in wallet.
- Various critical bugfixes and code improvements
Ryo Wallet - Built from scratch with a modern codebase & feature rich
- View-only wallet option / keys management
- Multi-sync (Local / Remote / Hybrid)
- Multi-wallet (Switch Ryo wallets with ease)
- User friendly address book
- Legacy GUI wallet one click import
- Various UX/UI improvements over previous versions (wallet naming, identicons etc)
Ryo Web Wallet Quasar
- 1. Mnemonic seed confirmation
- 2. Password strength checker
- 3. Inactivity log-off timeout
- 4. Integrated address generator
- 5. Native app support
In an effort to provide transparency to the community on how the development
fund is allocated, we
built the following Dev-Fund Explorer page that categorizes data and
provides an at-a-glance report
on where the funds are being spent.
The funding is grouped into four categories:
Funding is grouped into four week periods and details are made public a few weeks after the period closes. While the Ryo team strives to provide the upmost transparency, we believe that real time figures could leak material information and be used for speculation on the open market.
Infrastructure and support
Infrastructure and support matter. The widespread Ryo support team provides online support for community and news. Our support and updates are present at ten social channels in several languages. You can join our community and ask the developers about their perspectives, ask for technical support, and get the latest news.
Our Ryoblocks service already provides
The Ryo dev team has also set up a powerful load-balanced public node which adds ease of use while synchronizing wallets for new users. By default, the new Ryo Wallet will use our remote node while downloading the blockchain for a proper balance of privacy and ease of use.
Ryo for business
The Ryo Business room is channel where we can build a community of people with a large interest in Ryo-currency. It exists to foster ecosystem development and incentivise holding while enabling business people to work together.
In order to join, you must hold an interest in the project by having at least 50,000 Ryo and
key images as proof. The reason this is a requirement is to make sure members are serious about
project and have the capital to make their ideas a reality. Alternatively, we may invite members
the community who have already contributed noteworthy components to the Ryo ecosystem. Large
operators are also welcome to join the group.
Note: that you are not required to send us 50,000 Ryo, just provide proof that you hold that amount in your wallet. Join our Telegram channel and send direct message to our @RyoSharkBot to get invite to the group.
Ryo for web developers and their customers
Our team created WooCommerce plug-in for web developers. This is not just a rebranded version of the Monero wordpress plugin, it has tons of new features and makes accepting Ryo on your webstore accessible to everyone. Explore our Ryo gateway on Github . It is well documented, ready to use solution, that is being used on official Ryo Store as demonstration of its capabilities.
With privacy and security as the core foundation of Ryo, we invest time and effort into security research as well as investigate and analyze issues with the Cryptonote protocol in order to bring true default anonymity for users.
Core Development Path
This section is deliberately small - anybody can promise the moon and the stars. We - deliver. The planned core update features are unique and have never been done in Cryptonote coin development:
- x5-x10 speed up in CPU usage during sync and operation which is a major bottleneck and a good target for performance optimisation of wallet and blockchain sync times.
- Increasing default ring sizes. (up to 100+).First increase of default ring size 13 -> 25 was introduced in 0.4.0.0 update. Faster processing + Bulletproofs + more anonymous rings, to enable truly anonymous ring signatures.
- Cryptonote blockchain compression, down into below 1GB sizes for Monero, 100MB for Ryo. Instead of current the current 60GB for Monero, 15GB+ for Ryo.
- Combination of faster processing (1) and compressed blockchain extracts (3) and a specialised server to create custom name Electrum-like wallets.
Where can I use Ryo
Cryptocurrency projects should live up to their name, and a well maintained source code is only part of that. Currencies need real life usage. One of our goals is to build a strong ecosystem around Ryo making it easy to interact with. You can already use Ryo here:
More items will be added to this list soon! Stay tuned in our community.
Ryo pool list page on Ryoblocks will help you to pick up pool for mining, check stats and network info.
Currently, Ryo can be found on several exchanges with following crypto/fiat pairs:
Ryo has been added on the decentralized crypto/fiat exchange Bisq. Ryo dev team plans to continue work on getting listed at several other payment processors and exchanges.
Although Ryo Currency code in main repository is source available until February 2020, we have contributed back bug fixes and features to Monero project:
On Feb 1 2019, we duplicated the ryo-currency repo as ryo-currency-libre. This new repo will always contain public domain code, and will be updated any time new code becomes public domain.
Also on Feb 1 2019, we updated the license on the main ryo-currency repo to protect the code for another 12 months. Thus new code after our initial 0.4.0.0 release will be source-avail until Feb 1 2020.
Difficulty adjusted every block
Inspired by real-world mining production
48.59 Ryo / Block + Fees
Adjusted every six months
88,188,888 coins in 20 years
(including 8M dev. fund)
Then 263,000 coins each year for inflation
11 027 537 Ryo (12.5% of total)
As of 25 Apr 2019
8.0 million coins.
Will be emitted together with the block reward over 6 years.
Unlocked to Sumokoin devs in 2017